Welcome to WAVE Volleyball Alliance Travel Team Tryout Page. We are excited to enter the 2022/2023 Club season after a great 2022 season that saw our teams place in the top 5 in several national qualifiers as well as several top 3 finishes at state level events!
Our main goal is to grow the game in Manatee and Sarasota counties to help players improve for their school teams as well as helping those who want to compete at the collegiate level. We look to provide a structured and competitive environment where our athletes compete to grow individually and equally as a team. Our club is made of players from 20 plus schools and growing. We believe that club teams should be made up of the best players available in an age group and not have any bearing on which school they play for. There are other club options in our area, but we feel that our coaches and our environment sets us apart from the rest.
We have yearly open tryouts and we always welcome athletes new to the area or to our program. We know that when trying out for a new team there can be questions and we want our families to feel comfortable that we are the right fit for them. We have a lot of information on our website and you can always feel free to reach out and speak with us directly.
We will do our best to create teams and place players on the appropriate levels within our club. We try and put players in their USAV designated age groups, but there are times when it will benefit the players and teams to be in higher age group. This is something we will look at as a coaching staff. We do not take parent input on that outside of social concerns with a younger player moving up an age group.
Upon tryouts please come prepared to accept a position that day along with the team deposit ($400 CHECK OR CASH). We try to select a team before the tryouts are over, so players do not have to wait. In the event we need to do a call-back for a specific age group or team, we will let those players know when that will be.
Please carefully read through the information below.
TRYOUT FEE: $25 (Non-Refundable or transferable)
LOCATION: Haile Middle School
DATE: Wednesday November 2nd, 2022
MEMBERSHIP: 2022 AAU Membership is Required (Club Code W34W9W)
TYPICAL TEAM BREAKDOWN
- 12 PLAYERS MAX PER TEAM
- TUITION PAYMENTS BEGINS IN DECEMBER AND WILL BE PAID OVER 5 PAYMENTS
- PRACTICES BEGIN IN DECEMBER AND RUN THROUGH MARCH/APRIL
- WE ARE OFF DURING THANKSGIVING AND NON-MANDATORY TRAINING DURING CHRISTMAS BREAKS
- WE WILL PRACTICE 3 HOURS PER WEEK
- SPRING BREAK COULD HAVE PRACTICES AND TOURNAMENTS – PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY
- TOURNAMENTS WILL BE IN THE SARASOTA AND TAMPA AREAS
- COST OF SEASON IS $1550
- NOV 2ND – $400 DESPOSIT (CHECK / CASH)
- (5) $230 CC PAYMENTS ON DEC 15, JAN 15, FEB 15, MAR 15, APR 15
INTENTENDED TEAMS PER AGE GROUP | THIS WILL ABSOLUTELY BE A FLUID SITUATION BASED ON PLAYERS ATTENDING TRYOUTS. IF WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS TO FORM A TEAM IN A YOUNGER AGE GROUP, WE ALWAYS ADD PLAYERS AND TEAMS AFTER MINI-CLUB IS COMPLETE. LAST YEAR WE ADDED 5 TEAMS IN SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER AFTER OUR ORIGINAL TRYOUT DATE IN JULY. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US AS WE WORK TO ADD PLAYERS IF THAT SITUATION OCCURS.
**If you attended anything with WAVE after Sep 1, 2022, you do not need to purchase a new AAU Membership to tryout. If you are new to WAVE print or bring a screen shot of the membership car.
Register at www.aausports.org if you do not have a current membership.
Club Code is W34W9W
– Bring Payment of $25 Cash or Check (non-refundable)
– Cash or Checks must be made out to “WAVE”
– Write Daughter’s Name in Memo
5. ACCEPT A POSITION ON A TEAM:
Down Payment of $400 made out to “WAVE” check or cash is due for acceptance
Packet includes the following items:
- WAVE Handbook (Mission, Policies, Procedures, Grievance/Dispute, Release, and MAAP Policies)
- Club Participation Agreement
- Club Participation Release
- Fee Schedule Form (We will hand out at tryouts)
- Credit Card Authorization Form
Tentative Head Coaching Assignments:
Like our team projections this will change and once we have a better understanding of our teams and their make-up, we will assign coaches to their teams to ensure it is the right fit for the team and coach.
10U-12U AGE GROUPS | MARYA ROWAN, DON HINTON
13U-14U AGE GROUPS | RALPH MCELHINEY, MATTHEW MCELHINEY, DON HINTON, BRITTANY SUTTON, BRIANNA SWEITZER, EMILY CAMP
15U-17U AGE GROUPS | ASHLEY HAGOOD, JESSICA KANE, MATTHEW MCELHINEY, , DARIS RODRIGUEZ, JEFF SCHMUCKER
- OTHER COACHES: MELINDA GORMAN, CATE NAZARKO, EMILY CAMP, MORE COACHING COMING SOON.