Welcome to WAVE Volleyball Alliance Travel Team Tryout Page. We are excited to enter the 2023/2024 Club season after a great 2022 season that saw our teams place in the top 9 in several national qualifiers as well as several top 3 finishes at state level events! In 2023 our PRO & RIP teams competed in the Open division and competed at 2-3 Qualifiers as well as winning several Florida events as well as many top 3 finishes.
Our main goal is to grow the game in Manatee and Sarasota counties to help players improve for their school teams as well as helping those who want to compete at the collegiate level. We look to provide a structured and competitive environment where our athletes compete to grow individually and equally as a team. Our club is made of players from 20 plus schools and growing. We believe that club teams should be made up of the best players available in an age group and not have any bearing on which school they play for. There are other club options in our area, but we feel that our coaches and our environment sets us apart from the rest.
We have yearly open tryouts and we always welcome athletes new to the area or to our program. We know that when trying out for a new team there can be questions and we want our families to feel comfortable that we are the right fit for them. We have a lot of information on our website and you can always feel free to reach out and speak with us directly.
We will do our best to create teams and place players on the appropriate levels within our club. We try and put players in their USAV designated age groups, but there are times when it will benefit the players and teams to be in higher age group. This is something we will look at as a coaching staff. We do not take parent input on that outside of social concerns with a younger player moving up an age group.
Upon tryouts please come prepared to accept a position that day along with the team deposit ($600 CHECK OR CASH). We try to select a team before the tryouts are over, so players do not have to wait. In the event we need to do a call-back for a specific age group or team, we will let those players know when that will be.
Please carefully read through the information below.
TRYOUT FEE: $60 (Non-Refundable or transferable)
LOCATION: BRADEN RIVER HIGH SCHOOL
MEMBERSHIP: 2023 AAU Membership is Required (Club Code W34W9W)
TYPICAL TEAM BREAKDOWN
- 10-11 PLAYERS MAX PER TEAM
- JULY NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT (APPROXIMATELY THE FIRST TWO MONTHS OF TUITION
- 6 ADDITIONAL TUITION PAYMENTS SEP 15, OCT 15, NOV 15, DEC 15, JAN 15, FEB 15
- PRACTICES BEGIN IN NOVEMBER AND RUN THROUGH APRIL
- NO PRACTICES DURING WEEK OF THANKSGIVING
- NON-MANDATORY PRACTICES DURING CHRISTMAS TO JAN 2ND.
- DEPENDING ON THE TEAM THERE ARE EITHER 2 OR 3 PRACTICES PER WEEK
- SPRING BREAK WILL HAVE PRACTICES AND TOURNAMENTS – PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY SO YOU ARE NOT MISSING ANY EVENTS!
- MAJORITY OF TOURNAMENTS WILL BE TAMPA/ORLANDO WITH PRO LEVEL TEAMS GOING TO ONE OUT OF STATE QUALIFIER.
- COST OF SEASON VARIES FROM $2000 TO $3400
- NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT DUE AT TRYOUTS
- REMAINDER OF FEES WILL BE BROKEN UP OVER 7 MONTHLY PAYMENTS
1. ONLINE REGISTRATION LINK
**If you attended anything with WAVE after Sep 1, 2023, you do not need to purchase a new AAU Membership to tryout. If you are new to WAVE print or bring a screen shot of the membership car.
Register at www.aausports.org if you do not have a current membership.
Club Code is W34W9W
– Bring Payment of $60 Cash or Check (non-refundable)
– Cash or Checks must be made out to “WAVE”
– Write Daughter’s Name in Memo
5. ACCEPT A POSITION ON A TEAM:
Down Payment of $600 made out to “WAVE” check or cash is due for acceptance
Packet includes the following items:
- WAVE Handbook (Mission, Policies, Procedures, Grievance/Dispute, Release, and MAAP Policies)
- Club Participation Agreement
- Club Participation Release
- Fee Schedule Form (We will hand out at tryouts)
- Credit Card Authorization Form
INTENTENDED TEAMS PER AGE GROUP | THIS WILL ABSOLUTELY BE A FLUID SITUATION BASED ON PLAYERS ATTENDING TRYOUTS. IF WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS TO FORM A TEAM IN A YOUNGER AGE GROUP, WE ALWAYS ADD PLAYERS AND TEAMS AFTER MINI-CLUB IS COMPLETE. WE INTEND TO OFFER 2 TEAMS IN EACH AGE DIVISION, BUT THIS CAN FLEX DEPENDING ON NUMBERS WITHIN EACH AGE GROUP.
Tentative Head Coaching Assignments:
Like our team projections this will change and once we have a better understanding of our teams and their make-up, we will assign coaches to their teams at tryouts to ensure it is the right fit for the team and coach.
17/18 PRO | FRANK CASAINE
16 PRO | JESSICA KANE
15 PRO | MATTHE MCELHINEY
14 PRO | DARIS RODRIGUEZ
15/16 | TOM HARTLEY
15/16 | JEFF SCHMUCKER
15/16 | BRIANNA SWEITZER
13/14 | RALPH MCELHINEY
13/14 | EMILY CAMP
12 BLACK | DON HINTON
11 BLACK | MARYA ROWAN